Savvy Design & CAD specialist for Residential Renovations
Are you ready to join an award-winning team?
Are you a talented designer and “people-person” that has been waiting for the opportunity to flex your creative muscle?
Do you want to work with a team that not only designs award-worthy projects but gets to build them for amazing clients that value your innovative design input?
Would you like to have the tools, team, and support to see your design ideas get built and work with delighted clients?
…come join the team that is Different by Design!
We integrate design into the entire flow of our home renovation process and we take adding to our team seriously. Finding the right combination of DRIVE, SKILLS, and ENERGY is finding someone we are willing to wait for. We live by our core values and if these don’t resonate with you personally, this is simply not the place for you.
Our 6 Core Values:
Pride - reflecting your best in the products custom made for our clients
Collaboration - working as a team to create the best experience for our clients, for our partners, and for our community
Innovative - being creative is the pillar of our difference by design, we enjoy problem-solving and finding exceptional solutions to difficult issues our clients have with their home
Respect - always set your peers up for success
Constantly Improving - we challenge everyone to get better and BE better. We have not celebrated over 67 years in business because we stopped learning…we can always improve!
Trustworthy - it through our actions that we gain the trust of others
Pioneer Craftsmen is an established, nationally recognized company with an exceptional reputation. Our projects are award-winning, we have established leaders in the Renovation and Homebuilding organizations of both Renomark and the WRHBA. We enjoy the uniqueness of our region and we are passionate about our community. Our company and team earn high praise from clients and trade partners alike.
Characteristics that are in your toolbox:
- You have a strong understanding of the importance of detail in construction
- You have an undeniable positive energy
- You live every day with enthusiasm and it comes through to your team inspiring respect and confidence
- You are determined and don’t let obstacles stint your creativity (A.K.A. you are a good problem solver!)
- You have high standards and you hold yourself accountable to them
- You have exceptional CAD abilities
- You are an effective communicator to team members
- You have aspirations to use your talents to become the best in your field and you’re dedicated to team success (leave big egos at the door – humility rules!)
- You truly enjoy the world of renovating and you’re committed to client care resulting ultimately in client satisfaction during their entire renovation experience
The Junior Design and CAD Specialist’s main focus will be working closely with the Design and Sales team to capture accurate as-built conditions, enhance the creative offering to the client, help produce CAD drawings with detailing to successfully build the project and contribute a high level of energy and enjoyment for the client’s experience during the design and selections process.
- Produce accurate as-built CAD drawings and details for Sales/Design and Project Managers to utilize for estimating & selling the project
- Help discover why the client wants to renovate
- Work closely with the Sales & Design team to develop exceptional ideas and renovation concepts to solve our client's issues and make them love their home again
- Develop interactive 3D concepts to wow our clients
- Produce detailed construction-ready drawings to obtain building permits and to communicate the design to a team of highly skilled tradespeople
- Interact and communicate regularly with the team and clients with design-specific details and selections
- Participate in Job Binder organization, issue Purchase Orders and continue detailing specifications for the sales and design team
- Help foster an exceptional client experience and be an advocate for a “raving fan” experience every time
- An education rooted in design principles with an overview of residential construction
- Experience with residential design
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Proficiency with CAD operation and practical experience with CAD software systems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints & specifications
- Valid Provincial Driver’s License & use of personal vehicle
- Proficiency with computers & software technology
- A great ability to communicate verbally
- Exceptional “people skills”
- Experience in residential renovations, or high-end residential construction
- Knowledge of Chief Architect
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software
What We Offer You:
Pioneer Craftsmen offers competitive wage and benefits for all employees:
- Competitive Salaries
- Eligibility for profit sharing after 6 months
- Paid mileage for company use
- Health spending account
- $500 individual education/healthy living allowance (after 6 months)
- Provision of cell phone/data plan monthly (or reimbursement for personal device use)
- 2 weeks paid vacation
Who We Are:
Pioneer Craftsmen Ltd is recognized as a leader in Residential Design Build Renovations. Our projects and our staff have been honored with many local, provincial and national awards. Serving the communities of Kitchener, Waterloo Guelph, Cambridge, and surrounding areas, we strive to provide the best value for our clients while offering a rewarding working environment for our valued staff.
Fax or email resumes with references to:
Let's Get Started!
Send a Message or Request an Estimate
Contact Us About Career Opportunities
Current career opportunities are always listed in our careers section.